Today at R&L Motors we will be talking about why you should have your car inspected at least once every six months and why it’s important for your vehicle.
Although you may have an MOT Test once a year, that doesn’t mean that your car is always safe to drive and to be on the roads. We at R&L Motors we believe that you should treat your car like a family member of even your body and you should regularly bring it to a garage to have a check-up. This is to ensure that everything in your car works fine and if something is going faulty. If something does start to go faulty, it’s much cheaper and easier to fix the problem before it manifests and causes more issues for you.
If you would like to know more about our Car Servicing in Liverpool, or you would like some more information on the other services that we provide, then please don’t hesitate to get into contact with us and a member of our friendly team will be in touch with you shortly.
R&L Motors – The Best Garage in Widnes
Is your vehicle damaged or has a fault which is preventing you from either using it or that it’s not allowed on the road due to legal reasons, and are you based in Widnes? If the answer is yes, then you may be pleased to know that here at R&L Motors we are considered as the best garage in the Widnes area, our expertly trained mechanics can conquer any vehicle fault and can have it up and running again for you.
We provide a number of services in the Widnes area including:
- Car Servicing: Do you need your vehicle serviced? We pride ourselves on the quality of our vehicle and car servicing, offering a fast and reliable service at far lower costs than a main dealer, without ever compromising on the work that we provide. We will carry out only the car repairs and service work that is required to make sure your car is running at its optimum. Unlike many other garages, we won’t tell you there’s another 50 something faults when you only wanted the one thing repairing, we are one of the few honest and trustworthy garages located in Widnes. Our car servicing is fully guaranteed and importantly does not affect your car’s warranty due to our using genuine parts as standard.
- Clutch Repairs: Have you noticed it’s a little harder to find the bite, change gears and just pulling off in general? There may be a problem with your clutch. Luckily we can repair this for you and have you on your way in no time at all. After a lot of heavy driving (and bad driving too), you will burn through your clutch, if it’s acting up, you will need to get it repaired ASAP as it’s one of the main parts in your vehicle. I have known a taxi driver who burns through clutches almost once a month (but that’s down to bad driving), if you’re unfortunate enough to have your clutch go on you, don’t worry our mechanics can fix it in no time at all!
- Exhaust Repairs: We offer all types of exhaust repairs and replacements for your vehicle. We are happy to give you a free exhaust check to make sure that you are not at risk of doing damage to your vehicle or even to yourself by driving with a faulty exhaust, as the fumes from the engine won’t have an easy way to escape from your vehicle and these fumes are poisonous.
- Brake Repairs: Have you noticed that slowing down is much harder than it should be, even if you’re only driving in second or third gear? Then there is something wrong with your brakes and you need to get them repaired ASAP. Faulty brakes, including brake lights are dangerous and makes your vehicle be classed as illegal on the roads. You won’t be able to slow down for traffic, pedestrians and corners and bends, this is putting you, other drivers, pedestrians and your passengers in danger. Luckily our mechanics can repair and even replace brake systems for you, so you can be back on the roads in no time at all!
- Tyres: We offer a full range of new and even used (pre-owned) tyres for your vehicle. We are happy to give you a free tyre safety check to make sure that you are legally. We offer a number of different types of tyres, from standard road tyres, tyres with extra grip on them and even tyres built for driving on icy roads and snow, these are especially good for the winter season when we don’t know what the weather will be like in a few hours. Our mechanics can replace your tyres in no time at all and you can be sure that you’ll be back on the roads safely soon!
- MOT Repairs: This service is for when you have already took your vehicle to be tested for its MOT at a registered MOT Centre, but the prices that they have asked you to pay for the repairs seem too unfair to you. Almost all of the time, we can beat the prices that most MOT Centres charge and you can even ring us up after your MOT to tell us what’s gone wrong with your vehicle and we’ll quote you there and then, and we’ll tell you if the price they’re asking for is an acceptable price or if they’re just trying to swindle extra money out of your pocket. Our MOT Repairs is one of our most prized services and it is available to everyone located in Widnes.
- Classic Vehicle Restoration: This service is fantastic if you own a classic car, bike, scooter, van or even truck. We basically re-build the vehicle so that it is restored back into what it used to look like in its days of glory. If the paintwork or even interior of your vehicle is damaged due to age, then bring it down and we can make it look and work like how it would have when it first came out of its factory many years ago. This service however can take a while, but we will keep you updated with photos of each step of the process so you can see your prised vehicle slowly come back to life.
If you would like to know a bit more information on the services that we have talked about in this article, or you would like a no-obligation free quote, then please don’t hesitate to get into contact with us today and a member of our friendly team will be in touch with you shortly regarding any unanswered questions you may have, quotes or even how to advance to the next steps and to get your vehicle repaired so you can have fun driving it on the roads again! Remember if you’re looking for garages in Widnes, R&L Motors are considered to be the best garage in Widnes and we’re located just behind the Tesco in the town centre. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Here at R&L Motors we will be discussing today, on how you can tell if the clutch in your vehicle is faulty or is starting to fail due to either bad driving or age. The clutch in is one of the most important parts as it gets the big heap of metal moving from a stop and without it, your car probably wouldn’t move. Clutches can be damaged due to bad driving or due to age, there have been cases that I have heard of where a Taxi driver goes through a new clutch a month due to bad driving! Although when a clutch breaks, it’s not a simple fix, it is connected from the cabin to the engine and this means when one does break, to find the issue the whole front of the car needs taking out.
Things to look out for on a clutch that may be slowly failing:
- Unusual clunky noise when using the clutch pedal? This is when the clutch is close to failing and you will need to bring it into a garage ASAP!
- The vehicle finds it harder to gain speed or random drops in speed? This is also another issue you need to look out for, many would assume it’s something to do with the engine or the gas pedal itself, but this is a sign that your clutch may be failing.
- Have you noticed its harder to change gears (both up and down)? This is one of the signs that the clutch may be starting to fail, because the clutch is used in every gear change you make.
If you would like to know more on our clutch repairs service, or even our other services, or you would like to bring your vehicle into our garage for a free safety check, then please don’t hesitate to get into contact with us and a member of our friendly team will be in touch with you shortly.
Have you recently had an MOT Test for a vehicle in your possession and that vehicle failed its MOT? If your answer to this question is a yes then you have come to the right place! Here at R&L Motors Widnes one of our most reputable services is our MOT Repairs Widnes, this service is for when a vehicle hasn’t passed its MOT, but the garage doing the MOT Test charges a price that is far too much for what is needed. Due to our prices being very competitive around the Halton area, we offer MOT Repairs Widnes for people who don’t want to pay an arm and a leg, just to have their vehicle back on the road. Here at R&L Motors Widnes, our professionally trained, experienced and fully equipped mechanics can repair any fault in a vehicle, from small bumps and scratches in the paintwork through to fully restoring old vehicles so that they look like they’re fresh from their factory again. Whatever your vehicle is in need of, you can be sure that R&L Motors will be able to do it for you, at a lower cost than other local garages too!
Our MOT Repairs Widnes service is second to none and when you come to us at R&L Motors, you can be sure that you be paying a price that is higher than most other garages, you will be given a service that is second to none and you’ll be very happy with our results! If you are interested in our MOT Repairs Widnes or any of the other services that we offer (click here to see them), then please don’t hesitate to get into contact with us and a member of our friendly team will be in touch shortly. Remember for MOT Repairs Widnes, there isn’t a choice that is better than R&L Motors!
Have you recently undertook an MOT Test for a domestic or commercial vehicle in your possession and that vehicle failed its MOT, but the garage who did the MOT’s price was too much for you to pay? If your answer to this question is a yes then you have come to the right place! Here at R&L Motors Widnes one of our services which we are extremely proud of is our MOT Repairs Halton, this service is for when a vehicle hasn’t passed an MOT Test, but the garage doing the MOT Test charges a price that is far too much for what is needed, or a price that you believe to be unfair for what needs fixing. Due to our prices being very competitive around the Halton and Widnes area, we offer MOT Repairs Halton for people who don’t want to pay an arm and a leg, just to have their vehicle back on the road without breaking any laws or putting themselves and other drivers in danger. Here at R&L Motors, our professionally trained, experienced and equipped mechanics can repair any fault in a vehicle, from small bumps and scratches in the paintwork or engine repairs through to fully restoring old vehicles so that they look like they’ve just arrived from their factory again. Whatever your vehicle is in need of (personal or business), you can be sure that R&L Motors will be able to do it for you, at a lower cost than other local garages too, you’ll even be treated like one of the family too!
Our MOT Repairs Halton service is second to none and when you come to us at R&L Motors, you can be sure that you won’t be paying a price that is higher than most other garages, you will be given a service that is second to none and you’ll be very happy with our results! If you are interested in our MOT Repairs Halton or any of the other services that we offer (click here to see them), then please don’t hesitate to get into contact with us and a member of our friendly team will be in touch shortly. Remember for MOT Repairs Halton, there isn’t a choice that is better than R&L Motors, not only do we provide our customers with the best possible service around, but we also treat each customer like we’ve been friends with them for years!
If you are looking for Car Servicing in Widnes or the Runcorn and Halton areas, then R&L Motors Widnes are exactly what you need, we will provide you with affordable quality and convenience. Our extensive list of garages covers Widnes comprehensively, so if you are looking to make massive savings on main dealer prices check out our prices today, because we pride ourselves on our prices, because they are much lower than main dealerships. Here at R&L Motors we are dedicated to providing the best car service in Widnes and our garage is checked independently. Our highly skilled and fully equipped mechanics are experts in all makes and models of vehicles and have many years of experience. We always use original equipment manufacturers (OEM) parts so you can be sure that the quality of materials are at the highest of industry standard. R&L Motors Widnes offer a 12 months guarantee on all equipment and labour and your vehicles’ your warranty is always protected.
Easy & Convenient Car Servicing in Widnes
Our booking system will book your car into our main garage in Widnes (located just over the road from the main Tesco, you can’t miss it, just look for the green & yellow building!). Our highly trained staff are there to guide you through the whole process by phone or in person and they will answer any technical questions you have.
We will collect and deliver your vehicle from your home or work address anywhere in Widnes at a time that is most convenient to you. Unless your vehicle can still function, then you can just drop it off and go shopping for a little while. You will be kept informed of progress of your vehicle throughout and we will always let you know if any extra work is needed before proceeding, we will also let you know of the prices that may be involved, if any extra work is required.
MOT Repairs Widnes
R&L Motors Widnes provides cheap MOT Repairs in Widnes, this is when another garage has carried out the MOT Test, but their prices that they’re asking for, are either unreasonable or far too high. We offer the same level of professionalism and quality assurance with our MOT Repairs so you can be assured great service.
Book Your Car Service Today!
Take the hassle out of servicing your car in Widnes and save money at the same time with the R&L Motors Widnes professional car service experience. To book your Car Servicing in Widnes, just contact us today through our Contact Page, or by calling us on 01514249992, once we’ve been contacted, a friendly member of our garage will be in touch with you shortly regarding quotes, or on how to advance to the next steps.
Classic Car Restoration Widnes
Do you have a classic car that needs restoring back to its days of glory? If the answer to this question is yes, then you may be pleased to know that here at R&L Motors Widnes, we offer a Classic Car Restoration Widnes. This service restores the body work on the car along with paintwork and even the mechanics of the car to get it running smoothly again! We undertake classic car restoration projects from customers all across the Widnes & Halton area no matter where you are based in these areas, we will work with you during every step of the project including collection/delivery of your classic car.
Customer input is always important with any major restoration work as large projects can often take a number of months to complete. We always encourage the owners of the vehicle to make regular visits to the workshop so that they are kept fully abreast of developments at all stages and can see the ongoing progress of their car. We also understand that restoring a classic car requires a budget, from parts & labour to materials costs & unexpected repairs we may encounter during the restoration process. In order to help our customers, we can arrange a staged payment plan & where additional work is required we will always send an estimate before commencing the repair. But one thing is certain when taking advantage of this service, you will have a fantastic vehicle that is road suitable and flashy soon!
So, are you looking to get your classic car professionally restored or do you have an unfinished restoration project which you’ve been trying to finish for some time? If the answer is yes, then get in contact with us at R&L Motors Widnes and we can help you achieve your goal. Alternatively if you would like some more information on the other Garage Services that we offer, then again please contact us.
*all stages of the project are photographed, meaning you have a full record of the restoration. This can be especially helpful when presenting your car at a show or when you come to sell on your classic.
Here at R&L Motors we can supply and fit new car tyres made by various quality tyre brands, our Garage located in Widnes has an expert team who can replace your tyres for you within a matter of minutes! Widnes is home to our professional and efficient tyre fitting service which aim is to deliver a high standard of service, coupled with knowledge and skill that allows our team to ensure your safety on the roads when fitting Tyres Widnes.
Getting your tyres changed doesn’t always have to be a bit of a nuisance, and our team will work quickly to ensure your car is ready to grip the road again. With over 500 fittings done every 6 months, we can provide fittings or deliveries, and our team can help you choose the right tyres for your vehicle and driving style.
Our complete range of tyres includes budget, mid-range, premium and cold weather, whilst we also regularly provide wheel and tyre packages. We’re always on hand to offer help and support, and you can call us, request a call-back, use our live help service or send us over an email, and a member of team will be able to guide you through the ordering process.
We sell a wide range of cheap car tyres in Widnes from quality Tyre Brands including Pirelli, Michelin, Goodyear, BF Goodrich, Avon, Bridgestone, Continental, Uniroyal, Toyo and Dunlop in and around Widnes. If you would like to know more about our Tyres Widnes, then please don’t hesitate to get into contact with us and a member of our friendly garage team will be in touch with you shortly.
Clutch Repairs Widnes with R&L Motors – Widnes’ #1 Local Garage
Here at R&L Motors we are masters at repairing faults in vehicles. If you have noticed that when you try to change gears it feels clunky, or maybe it’s much harder than usual to find the bite, or even that the vehicle is harder to gain speed to switch gears, then you may have a faulty clutch. BUT DON’T WORRY! Our mechanics are very experienced in repairing and even replacing damaged/faulty clutches in vehicles. Just book yourself in with us and we’ll do the rest!
For a cost-effective and high quality solution for clutch repairs in Widnes Halton, our specialists can provide repair services for most car makes and models including Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Vauxhall, Volvo and Volkswagen, Mitsubishi, Honda, Suzuki, Subaru, Ford, Citroen, Mini, Toyota, Mazda and the list goes on (almost endlessly)!
Our team will source genuine or OEM clutch components such as concentric slave cylinders or dual mass flywheels and the work is carried out to a high standard. The price that you’ll be paying will be much lower than other local garages and we can guarantee that we’ll have it done quicker too! Although our prices and speed of process may be lower, our standards are not and we always make sure your vehicle is fully functional and road safe again before handing it back over to you.
Clutch Replacement Widnes in Halton
In most situations a vehicles clutch will have to be replaced at least once in its lifespan. Although I have heard cases of were a Taxi driver has burned through a clutch once a month, which is very bad and is probably caused by bad driving. The technicians and mechanics are on hand to help with all clutch issues whether it is just an inspection, repair or a full replacement.
We provide clutch repairs for Widnes Halton that are prompt and inexpensive.
Over time clutches can become worn and burn out or they may even not work at their best. Putting strain on the clutch is also caused by certain drivers who ride on the clutch and use a lot of throttle. This in turn lowers the lifespan of the clutch.
Other explanations for clutch problems include:
- Air in the hydraulic line
- Broken clutch cable
- Master clutch cylinder leaks
- Mismatched clutch parts (from another garage)
If a clutch replacement or repair is required in Widnes, our team will only use an OEM or manufacturer approved parts that are suitable for your precise car model. It is important when enquiring with our team that you provide us your vehicle brand and model so we can offer assistance much more quickly and without any issues popping up. With our team’s experience in replacing and repairing clutches, an effective solution can be provided that will ensure your car is safe on the road.
If you would like some more information on our Clutch Repairs in Widnes, or you would like to see a quick FAQ on Clutch Repairs then click here. Alternatively if you would like some more information or you would like to see our other services, then please don’t hesitate to get into contact with us today and a member of our friendly garage team will be in touch with you shortly.
Clutch Repairs FAQ with R&L Motors – Widnes’ Clutch Repair Experts
Here at R&L Motors we are experts in all things related to vehicle repairs and servicing. We get asked quite a lot of questions relating to Clutch Repairs, such as how long they take and even how to notice when a clutch is at the end of its lifespan. Obviously because the clutch is one of the most required parts in the vehicle, once it does break, you will need it repairing/replacing ASAP, the following link shows a few of the rules you are meant to follow when on the roads: Click here
How can I tell if I need my clutch replacing or repairing?
Below are some common signs that you might notice and if you do, you need a new clutch fitted. The signs include:
- Changing gears is harder than it usually is or should be
- There’s a grinding sound when you change gears (both up and down)
- You can increase the revs in the engine, but your car barely increases in speed (this can be dangerous if you’re planning on using motorways or you use them often)
- Engine revs climb or fall seemingly at random
- The clutch may seem to ‘slip’ causing a loss of acceleration, or a complete loss of drive or you may result in stalling the car fully.
How much does car clutch replacement cost?
The cost of clutch replacement varies depending on the nature of the problem and the model of car you’re driving. Our expert clutch fitters will let you know what we need to do and how much it will cost before we start work. Sometimes it’s just the clutch pads that need replacing and these won’t cost you as much as a brand new clutch.
We only ever use quality parts:
We only ever use parts that match manufacturers’ original specification for clutch fitting. We never use cheap clutches that are prone to problems like some dealers do. We do it this way so that you shouldn’t be having any more problems with the replaced part for a good while.
Can I get a quote online?
We make sure you only pay for the work you need. This means we can’t advise you of clutch fitting prices online – we need to carry out a thorough inspection of your vehicle’s clutch system so we can give you a fair and accurate quote based on the problem that needs solving. This is because the clutch is quite a complicated piece of your vehicle and expands from the interior of the car through to the engine itself.
If you enjoyed this informative article and you would like to see more in the future, then please keep checking this news page as new articles are uploaded quite frequently. Alternatively, if you’re looking for a mechanic in the Widnes area then look no further than us at www.randlmotors.co.uk (R&L Motors). If you would like some more information on the services that we provide, such as our MOT Repairs, then please don’t hesitate to get into contact with us today and a member of our friendly team will be in touch with you shortly.