Maintaining your cars exterior
How to Maintain your car’s exterior image – a brief guide with R&L Motors
Here at R&L Motors Widnes, we always enjoy giving helpful tips to our customers in the Widnes community, today we’ll be talking about how to maintain your cars exterior image. To keep your car looking as good as new and help maintain its value, one of the main areas to concentrate your time and effort on is the exterior. This is not only the first thing a potential buyer will notice, but if kept in good condition, could also extend the lifetime of the vehicle. Obviously we re now heading into the colder Autumn & Winter months, and with the inevitable road-gritting that goes hand in hand with this time of year, it is very important to make sure you keep your car’s paintwork spotless. If left for an extended period of time, the salt from the roads can lead to alloy wheel corrosion and rust spots appearing on your car’s bodywork, which is something we all want to try and avoid!
There are many causes that will make your car’s appearance look bad, the road-gritters is just one example of this, but there are other elements such; as bird droppings, tree sap, bugs and re-surfacing works, which could also cause damage to your car’s paintwork. The key to keeping your car’s exterior in tip top condition really couldn’t be simpler; wash it regularly, wax it often and make sure any paintwork scuffs and scratches are repaired as soon as they occur.
Here are some more of our top tips for maintaining your car’s paintwork:
- Clean your alloys regularly during the Winter months to stop road salt causing corrosion.
- Get any paintwork scratches and scuffs repaired asap – if left too long the damage will become much worse.
- Be careful not to rub dirt and grime into the car paintwork when you wash it, as it could cause minor scratches.
- When washing your car, make sure you use products designed for the purpose to avoid any potentially costly mishaps!
- Keep your distance from the car in front – not just for safety reasons, but also to avoid those nasty stone chips.
- Make sure you wash your car regularly to remove dirt before it builds up and becomes much harder to wash off.
- Wax your car’s paintwork every 3 months to help maintain colour and shine, but it may be necessary to wax more regularly during the harsher Winter months.
For more information on how to properly care for your car, or if you’d like to hear about our other great services, please don’t hesitate to get into contact with us and a member of our friendly team will be in touch with you shortly.